“No game of dejarik can be won without pawns...”
Round 5: Darth Plagueis vs G0-T0
Welcome to the fifth instalment of the ‘Kaggath vs Series’ in which I’ll be pitting the power bases of iconic Star Wars characters against each other.
The last battle, Exar Kun vs Mandalore the Ultimate, was after a long and bitter struggle, a victory for Kun, as Mandalore was unable to defend against the full power of a Dark Lord of the Sith. But onto round five.
For all those of you aren’t aware, the Kaggath is an ancient rite of the Sith, ‘one part duel, one part large-scale dejarik-match’
. The two combatants have full use of their power bases, be it armies, strongholds or fleets, in order to outwit and outmanoeuvre their opponent. The Kaggath is no simple lightsaber duel, although it can come down to one, and the arena can be anywhere: a planet, star system or the entire galaxy.
Before we begin, let’s just go over the ground rules again:
- The arena: the known galaxy.
- No outside help of any kind, the combatants cannot call upon assets outside their power base, or other prominent powers. This excludes allies of the era, i.e. Darth Sidious, Darth Maul, Twin Suns, Hanharr. (The Gand nest and Zhug "brothers" are part of G0-T0’s power base - the Trade Federation Droid Army are not part of Plagueis')
- No outside involvement, other powers will not and cannot interrupt or affect the battle, for the purpose of argument they are non-existent.
- No surrender, fight to the death!
- No superweapons.
- Technology level is universal (unless considered archaic at the time): blaster fire, armouring, lightsabers etc. are all the same regardless of period, all that matters is size, quantity and power.
- Use your imagination: obviously these powers existed in a different time frame but let’s just pretend.
So, the combatants: Both Plagueis and G0-T0 were epitomes of cunning, logic and reason, using their cold and calculating personas and alter egos to achieve unnoticed power and influence on a galactic scale.
Plagueis held the accumulated power of Order of the Sith Lords at the height of its influence. As Hego Damask he controlled the wealth and resources of Damask Holdings, and as a Dark Lord he commanded his own Sith cult – the Sun Guard
. Masquerading as an Exchange boss G0-T0 controlled his own planetary cell and a legion of HK-50 assassin droids and mercenary clans. But when these hidden powers are plunged into the open arena, how will they fare? Who will win?
I've posted relevant links to Wookiee pages on the more obscure organisations that you may not be aware of, so give them a quick read if your unaware.
Let the Kaggath begin!