View Single Post

Doomsdaycomes
12.02.2012 , 06:41 PM | #326
Quote: Originally Posted by cashogy View Post
staying a twink indefinitely is not an exploit. if someone wants to leave a warzone every time so they dont level up to 50, where PvP actually has some semblance of meaning, thats their own choice. maybe they werent hugged enough as a child and enjoy trolling people in video games, it doesnt matter why they do it.

you get XP regardless of winning or losing. eventually, by finishing warzones you will leave the sub-50 bracket, and never have to see those evil infinite twinkers again. if you cant handle bullies on the interwebz, i dont know what to tell you. it is not bioware's job to make sure nobody ever hurts your feelings by repeatedly beating you in a warzone.

if youre whining this much about a gear imbalance in the sub-50 bracket, i cant imagine what your opinion of 50 pvp is.

enough of the whining. either finish grinding your wzs to get to 50, or level a different way. its not like the wzs are too complicated to figure out after a couple of warzones in the 50 brackter
Ugh... I had a long explanation and it didn't go through.

You don't recognize me it seems from the "Premade" thread, where 1 of my 3 main points is pretty much "Man up, gear up, group up." But as I've stated before, this isn't an issue that really bothers me. I respect the OP's right to bring it up if they like, if it is one that bothers them.

Where I take issue, (and thus keep posting) is people not calling something for what it is. I (and others) have posted several source documents, including the ToS, to better define this as an abuse of the system (ie, exploit.)

I don't have the drive to retype everything, so I'll go over it quickly:

According to the ToS, you are in violation if you "Abuse or Exploit: Bugs, Undocumented Featues, Design Flaws, and Problems in the game."

Not all exploits are bugs, as you can see the ToS clearly states you can exploit multiple things.

Finally, there is the logical progression of the game. The game mechanic "Leave Warzone" has other legitmate uses (Leaving a warzone for emergencies, disconnects, other content, or because you don't like your group), and it's use to stop from gaining exp clearly goes against the game's natural progression pre 50 (Particpate in Task > Complete > Reward/Exp> Level).

I'd wager that -if- there was an intention for players to stay 49 as long as they want, there would be a feature included in the game with -that- specific purpose stated. (Ie. WoW's toggle exp off feature.)

No matter which side I fall on the issue, using documents from EA/BW and logic any one should be able to determine this is an abuse of the "Leave Warzone" feature's byproduct and not it's intention... or "exploiting" a design flaw.