View Single Post

MaceTowani
12.01.2012 , 09:40 AM | #10
Entry #86

The Story Of Exar Kun

I visited the Jedi Library and decided to see if I could find stories on fallen Jedi. Although most Masters caution against actively searching for excerpts on Dark Jedi, they're just that, excerpts. So it's safe enough for Padawans to read and not get influenced.

It was there I stumbled upon the story of a guy named Exar Kun. I gotta admit, only a fallen Jedi could have a cool name like that. Anyway, it turns out he was extremely talented (like Janace), and then somewhere along the line he went on a massive ego-trip(something I assume Janace is doing).

Even though he was a really bad guy who started a war a long time ago, his situation doesn't really fit in with what Janace is going through. She's really down to Earth, and I'm sure ancient Sith spirits aren't contacting her in her sleep.

I guess the only thing I can do now is confront her myself in our next training session.

Wish me luck.
--------------------------------------------------

Entry #87

A Tale Of Two Codes

So....things didn't go quite as I planned earlier today. Maybe I shouldn't have antagonized Janace during our lightsaber duel.

See, this is what happened. We were fighting, and it was pretty much a stalemate. I was trying as hard as I could to keep it that way, but then there was a slight lull, so I decided to use that opportunity to say to her, "Janace, I think you're changing."

She gritted her teeth(something she has never done before mind you) and then said to me in a very serious tone "Are you going to talk, or fight?" Now normally I would have an "outer body experience" and catch myself before I could do something stupid, but she really fired me up after saying that. I remember continuing the duel, and deciding to stick to what worked the time I beat her.

So I drew the duel out, and I ended up disarming her again. I thought that would have been the end of it until Janace suddenly lashed out at me with a very intense Force Push. She made my shield look like a Tatooine slave house, and I ended up on my back. I was more shocked than I was hurt, and I might have been a little scared.

But when Janace approached me, she had a very worrisome(and innocent) look on her face. She helped me up, brushed me off, and asked if I was alright. I told her I was Okay, but then added that "She cheated." We both had a good laugh, and then decided to call it a day.

Now I know I should really tell someone about this before something bad happens, but on the other hand I really don't want to be called a "Slug rat" for the rest of my life.

I'm now honestly a tad fearful of dueling against Janace again. I'm lucky that she didn't break my neck! I guess I'll just train with my Master all day tomorrow. Maybe everything will blow over.

Entry #88

Do The Right Thing

So today my Master finally taught me how to truly meditate. He did mention that he sensed my mind was "clouded" and needed to be sorted out or whatever. It was during my meditation that I was able to find the true purpose of it. The one thing that held me back from telling someone about Janace was my own pride.

I cared more about my reputation than I did my own friend, and that's no way to live. I have a faint feeling my Master knew what I was going through, which was why he suggested I seriously meditate now. I guess it's all up to me to open my mouth about it, and then live with the consequences later.

But, I was hungry, so I went to the Mess Hall to grab a bite to eat. It was still roughly early in the day, so it was pretty empty. When I left I saw Janace in the middle of the hallway. I admit, my heart nearly jumped out of my chest when I saw her, because I remembered that I didn't tell her that I wasn't going to show up to our previous training session.

She approached me and spoke in a soft, even tone, as if she had just finished crying. She asked me why would I dump her for my master(Yes, she actually used the term "dump") , to which I apologized and said "It won't happen again."

Now correct me if I'm wrong, as I know that some people(especially girls) may have some possessive qualities, but this isn't normal behavior is it?

Okay, now I really need to nip this in the bud.

Entry #89

Too Little Too Late

I'm a little depressed right now, so I'll try and explain everything as thoroughly as possible.

Okay so first off, I woke up, brushed my teeth, washed my hair (It was actually really curly for once) and then I went to my scheduled meeting with my Master. I figured that I could use our meeting to tell him everything about the Janace situation, and everything will be okay.

So nothing bad can happen right? Wrong.

My Master informed me that a Padawan girl "lashed out at her Master during their training session." He didn't have to say a name, I already knew who it was. So what's bad is that now Janace has been locked up in her chambers with like, five different Masters to help her tame her inner darkness. As it turns out, she first battled her inner darkness during a meditation session with me, and then she kept doing it on her own.

She kept losing the fight, and her behavior became increasingly erratic. What's worse is that now she will not be allowed to partake in the Trials, perhaps for a very, very long time.

Oh and the best part? Since every Master in the Temple somehow found out that I was having secret meetings with her, and that I saw firsthand her change and didn't tell anyone, I was considered an accomplice. So now I have Mess Hall duty and on top of that, I have the privilege to work as a gardener in the Temple for who knows how long.

But I learned a very important lesson through all of this.....

Women are crazy.

Davin- 1 Force- 2
To Be Continued......
"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in getting up every time we do."-Confucius The Analects