View Single Post

StarChompo
11.30.2012 , 11:39 PM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by JediCounsular View Post
Wow.
Does anyone here really know what happens at these events?
If not, let me explain to those not able to attend.

The last Cantina Tour took place @ Mister Tramps in Austin on
Friday, November 16, 2012
from 7pm-10pm (CST).
* All though the event was still going on afterwards, we didnt leave til after 11:30pm...
due to us needing to make a long trip back home

We (total of 3 guild members) planned beforehand a road trip to Austin to attend, while listening the the SWTOR music soundtracks on the road. When we entered Mister Tramps, which of course is a sports bar, we were not asked for any I.D, although we were all over the age to be in a drinking establishment. One of our guild members even decided to walk in wearing his jedi cloak. The Cantina Tour took place in the back in the banquet room, which hosted a stage, and 3 "BIG" screens, which was showing different cinematics of SWTOR on them. When entering the banquet room, we were given a few things...
* The Journal of Master Gnost-Dural as annotated by Satele Shan.
(Some people, like me, already had one that came with their SWTOR Collector's Edition).
NOTE: We were handed out the Journals to get signatures in from all the SWTOR staff present.
* (2) tickets for Free drinks, up to a $5.00 value each.
* 1 raffle ticket for the giveaways.
* 1 highly coveted code for an in-game Tauntaun Fawn.
* a name tag to wear. We were asked to either put our first name or our character name on them.
NOTE: The name tags were color coded: Red = IMPERIAL / Blue = REPUBLIC

There was a 37 minute Q & A at the beginning. Next, and every so often, they would do a giveaway. Some things that were given away were:
* A Trooper poster.
* A SWTOR / LEGO Corellian Defender ship.
* A SWTOR Keyboard by RAZER

This was not a simple Q & A, but a meet-and-greet as well. Getting signatures, talking to other players, and staff. Pretty much all staff were wearing their black t-shirts with the SWTOR logo on them, but we also met a good many staff that were "undercover". We met lead writers, cinematics designers, producers just to name a few titles. We had a pretty good time and this was our first get-together as a guild outside the game. We had a fourth guild member that found out too late to make it, but there is always next time. We may not be able to make it to New Orleans, but we will be attending more in the future, as a guild.

For those that can make it, get there early or on-time, and have fun.
This sounds very similar to the Lucas Arts/ SOE SWG community summit I went to in 06. I had a blast then (no booze then though, just pizza). I'll be there for this one, should be a great time.