View Single Post

stavrakas
11.30.2012 , 06:06 PM | #136
Quote: Originally Posted by Squidkidz View Post
Because in a rwz situation you will have the crit buff, also, people like me, have grinded all my legacy buffs out so there's no point in going over the soft cap when those points could go elsewhere such as to boost my power.
If the soft cap is 30% then getting there means no points are wasted. The crit buff isn't affected by diminishing returns, it gives a stat 5% boost. So since we're a crit based class, wouldn't it be better to reach the soft cap before putting points to power? That means reaching 30% unbuffed, 35% buffed.

Quote: Originally Posted by Xethis View Post
We have the Recklessness buff. You can crit all three of your force abilities on the first cycle of your rotation, Discharge, DF, and Shock given one charge is not consumed by Chain Lightning, but even if it does its not that bad. Wakajinn is a spec that is designed for opening burst. You don't need an insanely high crit rating because most of the time Reck is on cd you are stealthed anyways. At 90sec cd on Reck I have it available every 2-3 openers, that is very good. Since Reck is relatively short cd it is wise to stack power to get the biggest crits possible since you are going to crit anyways.
That's true, but you can't be stealthed during the recklessness cd all the time, warzones aren't 1v1 fights. You can't be judging based only on the opener, what about drawn out group fights?

This is all assuming the soft cap is indeed 30%. If it's 25% then I'm obviously wrong, I just wanna clear this up before I start min maxing.