View Single Post

MasterMe
11.30.2012 , 02:59 PM | #37
Quote: Originally Posted by Beniboybling View Post
Some food for thought.

People seem to be assuming that Exar Kun - like Revan - has a vast amount of Sith on his side, he doesn't (or at least to my knowledge. Can anyone give me clarification on their numbers? I am sure they are not many. While the Revanchists must have numbered in the 100s. So the battles are not exactly comparable.

What made up the majority of Exar Kun's forces were Massasi Warriors and Krath. They were skilled warriors but then so were Mandalorians. And they had basilisk war droids, which would tear apart Kun's forces. I estimate the number of basilisk's to be vast. They were present in almost every battle so we can assume that 1/4 of the neo-crusaders possessed one - and more were in reserve.

Exar Kun may be extremely powerful, but he can only bring his full powers to bear on the ground. In space he is vulnerable.
So, for arguments sake, we're saying that for every 4 Mandos there is a single Basilisk? That's pretty good for MtU.

We know how affective the Basilisks are, but we also know that Revan was able to single-handedly take one out in the novel. I hear Ulic Qel-Droma did the same. So with that in mind, the Basilisks aren't gonna be a big problem for Kun, Qel-Droma, and a few of the more powerful Sith/Dark Jedi on their side.

HOWEVER: Kun's army is made up mostly of Krath and Massassi. With 1/4 Mandos owning a Basilisk, they're gonna kill tons of Kun's army. Also, the Mandos are technologically superior.

This is how I see the scenario playing out:
Both armies engage in a epic series of battles. This results in high casulties for Kun, and relatively low casulties for MtU. Because of their victories, the Mando's bloodlust goes out the roof! The Mandos win a few more battles due to their momentum, but they've become proud. They essentially corner Kun's army - who are tired of losing.

And we all know how dangerous a cornered beast is.

The Mandos go all out attack and are MURDERED by the Kun and his army. Kun and his men have slowly accumulated so much hatred towards the Mandos that it shows in their fighting and they kill 5 Mandos for every Krath/Massassi that goes down.

Despite this victory, Mando numbers remain higher then Kun's. But the all-important momentum of MtU and his army has been lost - along with many of their Basilisks. Kun goes on the offensive and wins a series of battles. At this point it is obvious that MtU has lost, and he takes defensive measures as he did at the Battle of Malachor V. And just like the Battle of Malachor, he loses. The end.

That's how I see things playing out. I really do want MtU to win it, but I just don't see it happening.