Thread: Buff Operatives
View Single Post

cycao
11.30.2012 , 11:35 AM | #34
Quote: Originally Posted by CharterMonkKent View Post
It is not bad at all, I get surprised by all the complaints. The new 8 second sprint is excellent. Socs/sins can't run away anymore. It requires someone who knows abilities of the other class though. There is no wasting cool downs with concealment because you only get one chance with the poor energy management.

People like to compare deception to conceal. I'm just lvling shadow/sin now, and they are not that similar. Operatives can't dip out of melee range and still deal 4-5k hits.

I find deception/infiltration to be an easier spec thus. I really enjoy the mid range attacks. Not easy. Just easier than concealment.
Yeah deception is fun and can put out some serious damage (topped 600k several times) when played right. It is true that even though I have yet to play an operative that they are different. Assassins really don't get an opener (KD from stealth) and our biggest damaging hits take time to build like VSx2 shock (fairly easy but cannot be done in two seconds) also I hate building resolve right off the bat and discharge with 5 stacks. Also you have access to off heals in a dire situation. Cannot wait to start leveling one and I hope to start this weekend.