Thread: 100% Tank
View Single Post

D_anger
11.29.2012 , 04:47 PM | #1
Hi VGs,

My main is a sawbones scoundrel, so I've come here to ask for some advice about spec'ing and augmenting my VG tank.

I have looked at the stickied thread for the pvp spec and will be implementing that when I get my gear sorted. But my question relating to pvp, is which augments to use? I was thinking Endurance over Power, but I know that some other people, especially people that want to tank, go for the Def rating over Power. Is there a concensus about which way a Vanguard should go? Avoid shield / absorb for pvp? HP has its upside, but generally requires a healer to be truely effective.

For PVE there is alot of information floating around. Some people suggest stacking HP as high as possible (there is a VG on my server with 29.x K HP). Is it true some boss fights do only yellow damage and therefore shield / absorb are useless? Is it worth building just for these boss fights or will it have a negative impact on the rest of my abilities? It seems most ppl are aiming for around 60% shield and absorb, with around 15-20% def. HP just seems to be a product of which gear u have then. Should I jsut continue to stack absorbtion through the Augment slots? Is there a CD on shielding abilities, or is it every attack has a chance?

Finally I was really hoping to get a link to some full tank spec tree and see exactly what people have been ignoring for the sake of extra def / endurance, or if they have at all.

At the moment my gear is really low (although I've bought rakata implants with dailies and BH Earpiece with comms), but I am confident I can gear him correctly, given my general experience with the game. I would however appreciate some help with the augments / tanking stats and spec tree as mentioned above.

Thanks VG community!
Kaelus the Incidental GM
REFUND EXPECTED