View Single Post

11.29.2012 , 01:27 AM | #15
Quote: Originally Posted by Arlanon View Post
Well here is the folly of that. You know how people complain about 8-man premades in normal warzones? Do you know how that is possible? Because 2 groups of 4 got put together into the same warzone. Some groups will even all quit until they get in together.

If you decide instead that normal warzones now only allow groups of 2, you will still have up to 8 players leaving every warzone that pops until they get in together. Your solution does NOTHING to alleviate the problem there, and goes so far as to make it harder for those friends who do want and like to play together.

See, the number you place on group size is entirely arbitrary. Which is probably why people want to eliminate premades altogether. Guess what? Even if you limit the group size to 1 (ONE!), you will STILL have people entering and leaving until they get in together.

This accomplishes nothing.
Not quite. Although the solution offered is not exactly the best, I can see the reasoning behind it. The probability of matching two, 4 man Warzone groups together is fairly high and easy to accomplish, the lower the group number becomes, the lower the probability all the groups will land in the same Warzone on the same team, especially during high population times, and even less fruit full to repeatedly leave and attempt again. Not the best solution but at this point anything is better than nothing.

The plague known as Premades Vs Pugs undeniably needs to be abolished, it is an abomination of life that does not belong in any way shape or form but it needs to be done in a proper manner, through the following:

Cross Realm Function
Adequate Matchmaking
Split Queues

If not done properly it could either continue to be a problem, foster an abundant amount of loopholes as the current system does or increase queue times for Premades. I run both Premades and solo queue quite frequently, while I don't think Premades deserve an atrocious queue time I also don't believe they should be matched up against a Pug group. A timely solution is crucial or we will lose the vast majority of the player base, which happen to be casual PUGers.