View Single Post

deadandburied
11.28.2012 , 03:48 AM | #21
BTW the Dev Austin Peckenpaugh was wrong in the quote i previously posted. He said with 55% armor reduction of a dummy with 5814 armor would have a DR of 19.5%. I'll repost what he said then show my findings.

Quote:
Operations training dummies have 5814 armor rating (not visible to you), which translates through our armor formula to about 35% DR. With your setup, you cut that armor rating down by 55%, effectively turning it into 2616 armor rating. [5814 * 0.45 = 2616] 2616 armor rating translates through our armor formula to 19.5% DR.

Therefore, an average Tracer Missile would deal 1804 kinetic damage, and a target with 19.5% DR would take 1452 kinetic damage. [1804 * 0.805 = 1452] This is only 3% different than the 1410 you reported, which given your small sample size is well within expectations.
His math is off. He said with full armor reduction that the DR is 19.5%. This probably explains why he also said the damage while low was within 3% of his math which he attributed to RNG. He was wrong on both counts. The real DR based on my non crit hits with full 55% armor reduction vs an Ops dummy is 21.8%. The Kinetic Relic was non critting for 219 full 55% armor reduction. Here's the damage values i got based on armor reduction.

0% armor reduction=182 ( no nothing)
20% armor reduction=196 (no armor piercing cell but using a +5 stack armor debuff)
35% armor reduction=207 (armor piercing cell only)
43% armor reduction=212 (armor piercing cell+2 stack armor debuff)
51% armor reduction=216 (armor piercing cell+4 stack armor debuff)
55% armor reduction=219 (armor piercing cell+5 stack armor debuff)

Note it only takes 1 grav round to apply a 2 stack armor debuff which exceeds the internal relic's damage. Note also that some people were complaining that there was no difference in damage between a 4 stack and a 5 stack when using any of our damage abilities. I believe these were mostly Mercs though. The above clearly shows that they were wrong.

219/280=78.2%
100-78.2=21.8% DR

The DR with 55% armor reduction is 21.8% and not 19.5% vs an Ops dummy. Using the correct math and his post with tracer missle damage you get 1804*.782=1411. Which is only off by 1 and approx a 0.1% difference.

Reports are in that show the internal relic has a very high crit% for Troopers and Gunslingers. It seems to be critting based on Tech crit%. Oddly it seems it's crit% is higher than the Kinetic relic. I ran a few short tests to confirm the behavior and got the following results.

Internal relic crit% 34% with average damage at 266
Kinetic relic crit% 30% with average damage at 267

fyi i did let the armor debuff fall off several times during the Kinetic test. The sample size was very small at 1 test each at approx 12-13 minutes. A previous poster using the Internal relic had 314 hits with 115 being crits for a 36.6% crit rate. I tried an old Kinetic Relic and only achieved a 23% crit rate during several tests. If the crit rate of the Internal relic is significantly higher than the kinetic relic it could beat out the Kinetic relic. I think we need more logs with the new relics as they may be behaving differently than previously. Also need larger sample sizes to determine the crit rates of both types.

-NOTE- Do not use the Elemental or Energy relics as they both have a terrible crit rate for us.
Triggerfinger Itches, 50 Gunnery Commando, Premonition, The Harbinger