View Single Post

Aurbere
11.27.2012 , 08:58 PM | #105
Quote: Originally Posted by MasterMe View Post
Not ALL of those have to happen for Revan to achieve victory.

Besides, there are other ways (as I've argued and explained).

Also - Revan is more then capable of not only defending his men from the assassins, but he is capable of creating his own assassin group. How do we know this? Well, he created the group that Kreia is using, So in this since, Revan understands how to train/use these assassins at least as well as Kreia.

I'm going to try to sum up my argument here:
- Revan's men/fleet are more numerous
- Revan is a better tactician when it comes to legit battlefield tactics. Kriea says so herself.
- Revan's men are extremely loyal to him. The proof of this is in the fact that they turned due to him.
- Revan is capable of adopting assassin/guerilla warfare tactics due to being the guy who created Traya's assassins. Even if Revan doesn't create his own assassins, he is obviously knowledgable of this kind of warfare, and would find a way to defend his men from assassin techniques
- Revan has WAY better resources/logistics due to the Republic
- Revan (I think - not sure about this one) is better one-on-one then Kreia (however on Malachor V Kreia would win)

Revan for the win.

I realize some of you guys disagree with this, but I feel that this is legitamently canon-supported.

P.S. Sorry if I ever come off as pissed during this Kaggath. I'm simply deep in debate mode.
Sure, Revan has all of those things, but you are ignoring Traya's advantages.

Remember that this is Jedi Knight Revan. The Revan that doesn't know about these assassins and doesn't know what makes them so effective. He could create his own assassins, but they would pale in comparison to Traya's.

Traya's forces are much more powerful. Her fleet is much more powerful than Revan's standard Hammerhead-class vessels. She has powerful Sith at her command that almost destroyed the Jedi Order.

Her forces are loyal to her as well. They are servants of the Dark Side and of her. It is not as easy for Revan to convert Traya's forces as it would be for her to convert his.

Revan has logistics on his side, but that can mean nothing when Traya turns his men against him.

In a one-on-one fight, Traya will win. Since the battle will take place on Malachor, Traya will beat Revan.

This is an uphill battle for Revan. It is not a clear victory for either side, but Traya would win in the long run.
Added Chapter 29 to The Shadows Fall
"Your only hope to survive is to give in to the rage boiling within you, to acknowledge the Dark Side you deny, and tap into it!"--Darth Tyranus