Read the edit at the bottom to see if it helps you first. If not, try the more thorough method.
1. Restart your computer to reset the RAM drive created by SWTOR Unleashed/imdisk.
2. Run through the following steps as outlined by Beesodd
As for getting things running when you have Main Assets freezing partway, there's quite a few steps to be fully thorough. Please double check that (if you have it installed on your machine) your Java is up to date.
Then, ensuring that you have the launcher closed and gone from your Processes list in Task Manager, delete the following files:
- "Patch" folder
- "Patcher_-1toXX" or similar folders
- "assets_swtor_XXX_XXX" or similar folders (do not delete the folder named "Assets")
- "Patcher.version" file
- "Launcher.settings" file
- "Launcher.exe" file
Then download the setup file from www.swtor.com/download and run this over your existing install.
3. After finishing the reinstallation of your SWTOR launcher, open SWTOR Unleashed and click "Remove and Uninstall."
4. Go to Control Panel -> Programs and uninstall imdisk.
5. Delete your SWTOR Unleashed folder.
6. Open launcher and patch as usual.
7. Close launcher.
8. Reinstall SWTOR Unleashed.
I'm unsure if I'll need to do this every time SWTOR patches. Not guaranteed to work for everyone, but that's what worked for me. Good luck.
Actually, just clicking 'remove and quit' on the unleashed interface and running normal retail client via normal client icon resolved the patching issue for me.