View Single Post

Urael
11.27.2012 , 12:21 PM | #334
Quote: Originally Posted by Wraiven View Post
Devs, you stated this in your recent state of the game...

"Topic #2: Bugs: How does testing work? Why do bugs get through? Why did Game Update 1.4 have so many of them? What are we doing to improve the process?

Answer: MMOs are undoubtedly one of the most complex games on Earth. We employ hundreds of QA professionals to ensure that our game is high quality, but sometimes bugs get through. We test every step of the way as we develop the game or change to the game. We have many, many development environments that work in a sequence to push updates from initial construction, to code and content integration, to internal end-to-end testing, to player facing testing on Public Test Servers and then on to the Live servers. Sometimes (like in Game Update 1.4) we make changes that have unintended (and undiscovered) consequences on completely different parts of the game (the performance issues that showed up in the update are a great example of this). These unintended changes happen more often than you would think (or we would like), though we usually catch them before they go live. We have recently put new measures in place both on the development teams and in QA, as well on Public Test Server (where we should find many of these types of issues), to catch things like this in the future. I am not saying it will not happen again bugs will always happen but we will strive to give you the best, high quality, bug-free experience that we can. As a side note, we finally got a lock on the last of the major issues from Game Update 1.4 and appreciate your patience with that one.
"

This is fine and all, but what I want to know is, why do bugs that are even reported on the Test Server Forums not looked in to and fixed before that patch goes live?

I know for certain I myself have even reported bugs on the the test server, then that patch goes live anyway with the very bug I reported still being in the patch. What's going on here?
^QFE.

Indeed. Well said.