View Single Post

Ahl-Vinn
11.27.2012 , 12:20 AM | #13
Quote: Originally Posted by Majspuffen View Post
I tried World of Warcraft recently. I got a toon up to level 90 and I tried PvP, battlegrounds specifically since I needed to gear up. Anyone who thinks that cross-servers are a good idea, go play WoW. It's worth the money, because it will give you a new perspective.

I guess you could argue that the main issue with no cross-servers is premades. For someone who plays solo, it sucks to fight the same guilds over and over, when they have the clear advantage of voice chat. On that point, I agree. A few months ago I could play rather casually and without voice chat at any hour of the day.

However, I would never choose cross-servers over no cross-servers. The absence of cross-servers promotes communication and friendship/rivalries like nothing else. I dare say that the main reason I keep playing so many Warzones each and every day is because I know who's on the opposite faction and I want to beat them.

If we got cross-servers, I probably wouldn't give two *****s about who's in the opposite team. All of a sudden, Warzones would become a means to an end, and that is gearing up for Rated Warzones. And the only reason I'd do rated warzones is to fill up some e-peen ranking on a piece of paper. I don't see the appeal of that, at all. Not in comparison to what we have now.

I want to fight people that matter to me. This is an MMORPG. Everything should be about the community.

Oh, I can dig on the community arguement; This was the reason yours truly posted against cross-server queues, pre-launch.

However, solo'ing isn't really the territory of Ranked WZ's - but also, the neccesity of 8-man groups is a bit much; Mechanics that allowed 2 or 4-man teams to be grouped together would work much better! A tank-and-healer duo can do *so* much. On our great Server Begeren Colony, the #1 PvP group is called <Grim Determination> - and the reason they are #1? I've identified their main strength to be the fact that they use the U.S. Army's system of "battle-buddies"; They never fight alone, but rather, in pairs.

There's so much possibility yet to be incorporated to Ranked WZ's in SWTOR. Perhaps it's been conceived of by the devs, but unless they are playing alongside us incognito, this kind of possibility has to be voiced by us whom live the WZ's day-by-day. By allowing 2, 4, and 6-man teams (not to exclude 8-man) in Ranked WZ's, cross-server queue'ing might not even be neccessary.... But it'd be a nice-touch, even if cross-server PvE still wasn't in the picture; Yours truly keeps up with *both* PvP and PvE, and has never had an issue with queue'ing for PvE.

Who says the PvP community HAS to be same-server? PvP's a contest of eachothers' strengths against the strengths of others; This is a scale that can be applied to the GAME-community, and perhaps should not be a measure kept solely to one's own server.

I just can't say the same for PvE!

Ahlvis, of Server Begeren Colony, SWTOR
Ahl-Vinn, formerly of Servers Bria and Starsider, SWG
Long live <THE JEDl ORDER>, 2004 - Present
Long live the former Server Vrook Lamar!