View Single Post

AidanLightwalker
11.26.2012 , 10:37 AM | #45
Quote: Originally Posted by LarryRow View Post
But I don't think Group Finder is filled with noobs. Wipes are extremely rare, and I can't remember the last time we didn't complete the content (maybe LI HM pre patch)

Last time I used GF for story mode ops, it was fine. Sometimes groups fall apart when people DC, or people are just not coordinated enough to do the droid boss in Karaggas, but the risk/reward is worth it IMO. Plenty of people queue who don't need gear because they like the content or want the comms. Plenty of guilds use it when they don't have 8 people and you can sometimes piggy back with them.

Just put yourself in the queue while you are running all those missions on Belsavis, Ilum and Black Hole as a new 50 and you will get a pop. More than likely you will walk out with some gear.

And it doesn't change the overall fact that it's more efficient and more polite to skip unnecessary content in HM FPs

Larry, thats because there are people like you and me running around in those groups sometimes. We are the exception and not the rule. We have to play over the top to compensate for noobs. You know it, I know it, and every decent player out there who's had to do it knows it as well.

I was just in a D7 with 3 noobs the other day. All jacked up gear, poor group skills and pvp mind set written all over them. They all died at least 4, thats 4 times! I never died onced. I aas on my sentinel (all campaign with some dread, 20k plus hp). I killed numerous groups that they pulled and wiped on while trying to skip. I cced droids and killed thrm myself lol. I acted as the tank on at least 2 of the boss fights. The vangaurd tank started every pull with motar volley (so slow and lol what? I have a geared vangaudd tank as well).

Fact of the matter is, thdse people are every where and It's not fun to have to throw them on my back and carry them through. Maybe if people stopped skipping soooo much, these people would actually learn how to play.
Even the smallest of light sources can light up the darkness.
Nyren - Combat Sentinel Ewenn - Shield Vanguard
Kyrenn - Scoundrel SawbonesSyrenn - Telekinetics Sage