View Single Post

NoTomorrow
11.25.2012 , 03:58 PM | #77
Quote: Originally Posted by Kerensk View Post
People (usually sent/maras) say L2P or "there are counter classes" and say that the Sniper/Gunslingers do high damage too.
The problem is that snipers do high 1v1 damage and moderate AoE damage (over time). Whereas the Marauders do high AoE damage instantly and high 1v1 damage up close. The Marauders need to be redesigned back to 1v1 killers.

I really don't mind when a Marauder gets in my face and kills me 1v1,that's their point, they should be the melee glass cannon that hacks you to bits when they get close. When they can leap to an entire team and demolish all of them at once it becomes OP. As a melee class it should be the powerful swing of their lightsaber that should be feared, not their long range jumping.

Change Marauders and Sentinels back to the melee version of the sniper as a counter class should be.
Hm interesting perspective, i suppose you could theoretically say that

Lethality = annihilation
Carnage = marksmanship
Rage = engineering.

but this far far from truth. Lethality is a real glass cannon spec, it has no survivability at all.Engineering however is a survivability dps spec, its like a heavy armored class. but the similarities end here. Fury vs Ballistic shield, another big difference in concept.
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
Scatter Bombs are meant to be a fun bit of extra damage that occurs when you roll into or away from the action. That said, we’re okay with you trapping an unsuspecting enemy for a “wall bang” every now and then.