View Single Post

ColonelWolf
11.25.2012 , 01:14 AM | #27
Wolf kept his gaze level, expression gruff, but the senator had a point on one thing, "I agree, if you reduce your speeches gradually, that will cause less suspicion. I do not ask to change your view, the Military fully accepts and appreciates your support, but just try to keep it down. After all, we don't want you to become a potential target for spys or assassins. As for letting you in on the plan, personally I would prefer to keep you in the dark but the Generals disagree. I'm not sure when they'll fill you in but it won't be me that will tell you." He paused, then took back the datapad and moved closer, almost towering over the senator, "I've seen many good men and women died only because someone found out the plans of attack and deployment, I don't want to see it happen again." He took a few steps back and saluted, "I've done what I was told to do and now I must take my leave." He dropped the salute and went out the door. He paused for half a second as he looked at the Chiss female that was waiting outside, something about her made him make a low growl, like a Wolf would do when it senses a threat. He then continued off down the hallway towards his assigned room. Once he finally got there, he went inside and locked the door. After that, he took off the cloak, unclipped his sword and laid it leaning against his desk as he sat down in front of his terminal and looked up the name of the Chiss, looking up medical records, family members, housing location, any spouses or children, average income, on so on. He wanted to find out who she was and his Special Forces training finally started to kicked in after several years and his top-level access got him everything he requested, at last he had something to do.
"Command is more than just another skill. You can't train a person to make command decisions in split seconds and live with the consequences. They have to learn that for themselves. If they fail to see that, good people die. And they still have to live with that." ~ Colonel Jaime Wolf