View Single Post

ColonelWolf
11.24.2012 , 10:58 PM | #12
After several minutes of walking through the senate tower, passing servants, janitors, guards, messenger's, and the worst of the lot, politicians. At the end of the walk, he stopped at the door to a generals office. He knocks twice which sounded more like a hammer banging into it than an actual knock. He waited fro a few moments when a voice from inside answered, "Enter."

Wolf opened the door and walked in to see General Carl Sharidon, an aging male who's height reaches up to Wolf's chest, head covered in white hair and blue eyes that tend to see everything. Wolf stopped several paces in front of his desk and made a salute, the general nodded, "Have a seat Colonel." Wolf nodded as he took up a chair and sat while taking out a hardened datapad and placing it on the desk. "The latest reports from the Eighth Scout Flotilla." The general took up the datapad and scrolled through the data, then plugged it into his secured terminal to download the information and to uploaded new ones and handed back to Wolf. "Colonel, Devonie, it is good to see you again my old friend. It has been to long." Wolf nodded as he took back the datapad and his facial expression softened, if such a thing were possible, "It has Carl, it has. It's been years since we last fought together." The General chuckled, "We can talk about the good old days some other time, but for now, I have a task for you. As you already know, Senator Harris has been pushing a lot to restart the war, we both know we can't afford something like that right now, but if the information you gave me is accurate, then he must know to calm down and wait. I have already been given authorization to give him a small fraction of the information and I want you to give it to him, but only what isn't classified. It may not be much, but it would be enough to keep him quite, if he doesn't then I need you to convince him to stay quite. These are delicate times my old friend." Wolf's expression hardened, he never liked politicians, but hey do have their moments. "I will do it for you my friend, until we meet again, lets say the old O-club on base, at 2200?" The general nodded and Wolf got up and left.

He marched down hallways, turned corners and marched down more hallways. He passed the Junior officer again, "A bit nice today, isn't it sir?" Wolf glanced at him and replied without missing a step, "Don't you have something better to do?" And he continued on, brown cloak flowing behind him. Finally, he had reached Senator Harris's office, he stood at attention and knock on the door twice.
"Command is more than just another skill. You can't train a person to make command decisions in split seconds and live with the consequences. They have to learn that for themselves. If they fail to see that, good people die. And they still have to live with that." ~ Colonel Jaime Wolf