View Single Post

Doomsdaycomes
11.24.2012 , 03:38 PM | #1149
Quote: Originally Posted by LeonHawkeye View Post
No, quit being stubborn and narrow minded. Proper matchmaking would make it less likely, but not impossible for Pug Vs Premade to happen, it won't alleviate the issue. You don't seem to understand the situation. All it takes is 1 horribly one sided, terribly frustrating game to repel players away, permanently. Split queues are crucial and undeniably necessary for long term success and prosperity of PvP, without it we will lose more and more casual and/or new players that have a horrible first time or common experience in PvP. With Cross Realm, population and queue times would not be an issue. There would be absolutely no reason to not implement 2 separate queues. Your pretense of longer queue times dissipates as the Cross Realm population would be massive. The only benefit to keeping merged queues at that point would be to aggravate the vast majority of your player base with the occasional and possibly common mismatched and unfair match.
I'd like to see your psychological studies on the matter, in following the scientific process to the letter, that 1 match is enough to make enough subscribers quit. Unil then, it is not undeniable.

Split queue's have several issues that a matchmaking system doesn't have. Backfilling, filling for partial premades, the highest potential queue times, highest potential players unable to play, highest allowance for mediocrity, discourages community building... etc... Even if you think you can discredit the queue times issue, you still have atleast 4 other logistical and moral issues.

Matchmaking allows for backfilling and filling of partial premades, and since you say queue times aren't an issue with cross server, than they won't be with matchmaking. Once in a blue moon will there be a "mismatched and unfair match" by the system design.

And if one more person calls me narrowed minded because I don't agree with them, I'm probably going to laugh myself to death. I don't know what you've experience in your life, but I can tell you I've dealt with actual real life issues that require an open mind and a sense of empathy. Not feeling bad for people who refuse to be social is nothing compared to those.