View Single Post

Smashbrother
11.24.2012 , 03:52 AM | #238
Quote: Originally Posted by Danicony View Post
Well, I stand corrected regarding force charge.

Also, sure, you can say we have predation, but you need 30 stacks to use it. So unless you use a 3min CD you won't have any possibility to open with it. AND in turn it will shut down your heals and severely blurt your damage, seeing as you won't have berserk.
Every good team opens with pred when a match starts because it determines the winner usually. Teams use it for reinforcing nodes too. It's THAT useful. Pred is literally a game changer. It's well worth the usage of frenzy.

Quote:
Marauder is probably the most balanced class save the short CD on force camo and the immense damage of force smash.
You can't call a class the most balanced and then claim that abilities they have need nerfing. The most balanced class is actually snipers.

Quote:
If Powertech was melee, sure, they'd have more defensive CDs, but they aren't.
Guardians, sins, and ops are also melee, but don't have as much def cds as maras, nor as high dps. What's your excuse this time?

Quote:
Again, it annoys me that it's the same 3-4 qq'ers posting about marauders, and I have yet to see any of you bring anything new to this dicsussion over the 20 pages. At this point I can't do anything but repeat myself:
Marauder is a melee, high risk high return class. If you get KB'ed after force charge / when your cloak of pain is up then the skill is completely wasted. Same for the four sec of undying rage. Saber Ward and Force camo are the only reliable CDs.
What exactly is high risk about playing a mara? You try playing any of the other melee classes? Dps scoundrels, and non hybrid sins. Those are high risk, high reward classes.

Quote:
Another thing about marauders is their amazing utility, and I myself find their gameplay much more interesting than the other classes, you have to make mid battle choices for your fury, there's always something going on for a mara, and it's the easiest class to play decent, but definitely one of the hardest classes to master if you ask me.
So on top of the damage (second only to PTs), their surv (the best), they also have amazing/best utility. So if they're the best, or almost best, at everything, how can you say they aren't OP.

Quote:
I can't really do anything other than repeating to you how useless a marauder would be in high end pvp if their defensive CDs were nerfed to the ground as you suggest, sure, maras are excellent 1v1, but that is what they are meant for.
They no longer be a class that is REQUIRED to bring to every RWZ team. Nerfing the class won't break them in RWZs. If you want to keep their dps, then they need a nerf to surv (be like PTs), or if you want surv, then nerf their dps (closer to sins).