View Single Post

SoonerJBD
11.24.2012 , 01:07 AM | #218
Quote: Originally Posted by Aurbere View Post
Could I just say something about this whole "where should Revan be canonically" thing. Many complain how Revan doesn't get into the Top 10. In a comparitive sense, there are quite a few people who are more powerful than Revan. So Revan really wouldn't make it into the Top 10. But here's a question: WHO CARES? Ideally, Revan would make it into the Top 20. THAT is good, no, that is great. Out of the thousands of Force users across time, for Revan to place into the Top 20 is excellent. So he doesn't make it into the Top 10, it doesn't matter. He's still powerful in his own right, and makes a play for the Top 20.
I agree with that. Which is why these debates that turn into personal bashing are all the more stupid. Rayla doesn't get that tone matters. When you state your opinion so forcefully that you insult the intelligence of anyone who disagrees with you, you are going to upset people. And when you overstate your case, you also invite criticism. Aurbere, I will give you credit that you don't take it as far as Rayla does. There is a difference between canon fact and an opinion you develop based upon canon fact. I don't get why that is hard to understand.