View Single Post

verfallen
11.23.2012 , 08:50 AM | #17
Quote: Originally Posted by AdmiralParmesan View Post
In case im mistake sorcs are already fairly behind in pvp and pve as dps. Ideas to not effect the nature of pve much while making positive changes for pvp are in fact possible. Heres such an idea.

Take for example Force storm. Making it instant cast would be great, but wouldn't help the class much if recklessness was used doing it as you suggest. Similarly it would be too big on an increase to PVE AOE damage if you could instant cast force lightning and hard cast force lightning on the same spot in PVE. Instead you could make a separate cooldown picked up high in the lightning tree for an instant cast force storm. When the cooldown is used on force storm it will put force storm on cooldown for say 40seconds (obviously this exact number could be changed)

Now the specific numbers aside this would moderately boost lightning's PVE single target damage which is a boost it needs to catch up to the other dps specs. In addition it would be a good kiting tool for lightning in pvp and a decent way to maybe get a lightning storm proc while being pressured.
As said, make it talented if need be, putting FS on cd for 40 sec though is just gimping back AoE damage.

You could also talent lightning barrage to be able to apply to force storm with a tier 5 talent linked to it.

The "link to recklessness" would just make the sorc's burst linked to its AoE, which I do believe should be considered as the class signature dps basic. Obviously, number should be ran to make sure its not OP, but I do not think a burst linked to AoE every 1,5 minutes would raise PvE DPS to an exagerated dps number. Obviously, there needs to be e mechanic to prevent catimg a force storm over it, but I don't think it should warrant a CD longer than 6-10 seconds. Remember safe lightning effusion, the force cost of an instant force storm would be very hefty on a madness-spec.

But it would be a way to keep group pressure around a node, ball carrier etc and not being "rooted" in to place, giving you that burst you need, not through revamping the whole numbers, but applying an attack over another.

Currently with my gear I do about 1,1k dps. If i had a FS over that, its a 1,8k dps burst over 6 seconds, then its unavailaible for 1,5 minutes. I don't think its too much overkill, but maybe I'm wrong. I simply find its a good way to play on the class strenght, while fixing some issues.