View Single Post

nateslice
11.20.2012 , 10:36 PM | #41
My advice is to try a different spec before re-rolling. It'd be a shame to lose all that leveling work. I love playing my Powertech tank; I felt pretty much invincible most of the time leveling that character. It's also a good feeling to keep enemies occupied while your buddies dish out the damage safely. Really makes me feel like I'm pulling my weight in the group. Also, Powertech tanks build threat by doing overall better DPS than other tanks, rather than through designated threat-building moves. This might make it more fun for you.

The one possible downside is that I hear Shieldtech is weak in PvP. But I've also heard that it works fine if you focus on teamwork rather than personal glory. I don't do PvP, so I don't have an opinion on the matter. But I have done BGs in WoW, and I always favored focusing on team objectives there, preferring to help my team win the game rather than rack up the honor kills for myself.

I also hear that there are good hybrid specs for Powertech PvP. The Advanced Prototype tree might be worth a look, especially with a little bit of Shieldtech mixed in.
Star Wars goodness from Richard Cheese:
Star Wars Cantina
The Imperial March