View Single Post

ChazDoit
11.20.2012 , 10:04 AM | #1
When they announced F2P I was happy that they were making the game more accesible but I was very afraid they were going to nickle and dime us to death, you know EA is not the most consumer friendly company. I even suggested to have an alternate way to get cartel items, in my signature is the link for a suggestion thread. However my suggestion is no longer necessary because pretty much everything there is on the Cartel Market you can buy it with credits even the Quickbars, the Unlocks to Unify your colors to Hide your helmet, everything! Even content, I see authorization to enter to Section X going on the GTN.

I played Lague of Legends for many months (not playing much lately) and I really liked the Idea that you don't have to spend any money to unlock new champions, you can buy one with real money and it's much quicker than having to earn all the in-game points required to unlock one, but if you don't want to spend the money there is an option to get them for free, now there are some things that you HAVE to pay for in LOL, the skins, which are only cosmetic, so that is a source of revenue for Riot.

Now SWTOR is taking it a step further, it's not only some items that can be bought with credits, Everything can be bought with credits, cosmetic items, unlocks, content, etc because they are all tradeable, I've seen tons of stuff going on the GTN for some ridiculosly cheap prices which I should mention have been dropping and might continue to drop even more.

I have agreed with many people on the forums when they said that selling quickbars was a bad move, but if you can get them for 150k on the GTN, and belive me, i've seen them. Then it doesn't really matters. Besides this is a huge middle finger to gold farmers, the other day I bought a bunch of stuff from a guy, Bioware received money, He received credits in a legit way and I got the stuff I wanted from the cartel market without having to spend a dime, everyone won.

I think this is a great move, it renders most of the criticisms of SWTOR F2P model irrelevant and is particularly great for returning players that have some credits saved on their characters.