View Single Post

Griad
11.19.2012 , 03:46 PM | #23
Quote: Originally Posted by JP_Legatus View Post
We do have a talent that provides flat damage reduction, another talent that has flat endurance buff, and a talent that gives us 3% crit chance (via lightning charge and charge mastery).

I haven't bothered comparing it to other classes because I only ever play assassin, so I'm not arguing for or against the OP. I'm just saying it's there :P

Oh and P.S. it's not a big deal dropping some accuracy on your gear. While 3 of our 5 damage dealers are white damage, one (maul) can miss and still retain the buff. So you just lose a global and not the attack. With discharge and shock both being force, I feel safe in the idea that I can run 90% accuracy and miss the occasional voltaic slash or assassinate. Missing VS is not a big deal and while missing an assassinate will suck, I feel the increased damage on our other 4 skills would probably make up for it.

Feel free to run some numbers on it though and find out for certain, I'd be interested in determining our ideal accuracy. I feel we'd end up being best with 90%, but it would probably require a calculus equation that I haven't done in years.
I can tell you that even though you dont feel you need acc. its well worth it because missing 1-2 mauls in 30 seconds is alot of damage and same goes for assassinate, when i am tank specced i run with absolutly no extra acc, so 0nly 90% on melee and i miss all the time on bosses with both assasssinate and trash.

I would never go below 95% acc as you will just miss to many hits on raid bosses, and you cant really parse that on dummy as you cant really miss on those from what i understand. But consider this you get 10 mauls in a fight, 2-3 misses, 4 is non crit then you will have 2-3 that crit, that is an insane amount of lost damage.

And this is where our lack of base skill boxes come in operative can get 9% extra cunning for 3 points, juggernauts can get 6% more str. for 2 points powertech can increase aim by 9%, hell even sorc can raise both force crit and willpower with 9% and 6% we are the only class i can think of who cant increase our base stats.
Elder Jedi - pre-cu jedi enforcer - pre-publish 9 dark jedi master.

Proud member of DILIH Red Eclipse