View Single Post

psandak
11.19.2012 , 09:04 AM | #261
The problem is that both sides of this argument are wrong.

You are one of four players in the group. You need to consider the rest of your group. If you and only you want to spacebar through conversations then demanding that the rest of the group do what you do is selfish. On the other hand, you are just as selfish if you and only you want to watch all the conversations.

All of us need to be willing to compromise more. Put it to a vote prior to starting. If the vote is in favor of space barring then those who want to watch the conversations need to realize that the players you have grouped with want to get in, get it done, and get out. If the vote is in favor of watching the conversations then those who want to space bar need to realize that the players you have grouped with want to smell the roses and enjoy the journey. And if you are on the opposing side and are unwilling to compromise then say so. 90% of groups will be willing to kick you so that you do not get the quit timer.

Me personally, I go with the flow. I will spacebar slowly through the first part of the first conversation in a FP. If I get the choices immediately, that tells me that the party is spacebarring and I will spacebar faster. If, on the other hand, I end up waiting for the party, that tells me that at least one person is watching the conversations, so I start doing the same.