View Single Post

Karkais
11.17.2012 , 05:24 PM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by BenKatarn View Post
Multiple times during its course, the book mentions that the Ascendent Spear is the last of the Imperial superweapon capital ships that were developed under the Sun Razer project of Darth Mekhis. Among other things, ships developed by the Sun Razer included the Gauntlet (hyperspace target elimination capital ship); destroyed by the Trooper in Act 2) and the Silencer (rapid-recharge "fleet killer" capital ship; under the command of the Inquisitor in Act 3). While the Gauntlet was obviously destroyed in the game, I am concerned regarding the Silencer. It obviously survived its maiden battle and since it was part of the Inquisitor storyline, I highly doubt it would be destroyed during the course of the game and the Inquisitor not be informed of it. Not to mention that the book goes as far as saying "only the Ascendent Spear could destroy a Republic fleet that easily", which the Silencer could do as well, in rapid succession.

So, my point I guess is, what's happened here? Was the Silencer destroyed off-screen? Was it forgotten about? Or was the fact that it still existed (it was originally unfinished and then made operational by the Inqusititor) kept a secret from most of the Imperial military?
I don't know what book you are talking about here, but the SWTOR graphic novel "the lost suns" classifies Ascendant spear as "long range battle cruiser with class 0.5 hyperdrive". Whereas the silencer is a rapid-recharge fleet-killer megalaser. I don't know what would make Asc. spear as the particular ship of destroying rep fleets..

Also, I think the fate of the silencer is reserved for Bioware. I HOPE I will get to see it again ingame and preferably not in ruins (my main character is an inquisitor). I guess all other people creating SWTOR -related stuff out of the game are told to keep their hands off the silencer.. I just hope Bioware gets to writing episode 4 for all of our characters one beautiful day..
"Welcome to Dromund Kaas, where freedom goes to die and legends are forced on the galaxy."
- Vette