View Single Post

TyrellJonez
11.17.2012 , 02:10 PM | #35
Quote: Originally Posted by Asunasan View Post
I know you mean well, but its not a L2P or don't pick a class for a role you don't want to fill issue with the OP. Your reasoning for the first part I quoted would make sense if we had that "high efficeincy" As of 1.2 we don't. Since our burst has been nerfed so many times we instead have to kill an opponent by controlling them either through CC or DCDs from 100%-0. Its not efficient and it takes a long time, too long for it to be viable in rateds.

As for the second part I know Operatives seem fine in lowbies, but like DPS (non bubble stun) Sorcs that is where they shine, it only gets worse once you hit 50. And while in optimzed EWH gear you will be okay in regs simply because you can take Off nodes from BM geared guards players, you bring nothing useful to any higher level of play. You can't kill someone who plays at your level, but a better class, fast enough to take the node before their help arrives. As for finishing off people below 50% at the main fight, Rail shot does it better on a much shorter CD, as does Ravage, Smash, Snipe, ect ect. Oh and those classes actually have the tools to survive in a large scale fight (PTs excluded)
Yeah i never meant it as a L2p issue. It wasn't meant to offend so thats cool =)

Yeah lowbie pvp is nothing like the 50 bracket and i could be wrong. My first 50 was a Merc and i remember the good ole days and the current bad times being a merc and i sympathethic. There will always be a class that does SOMETHING better than you no matter what class you play. I just look for what i CAN do better than other classes and push that to its full extent. I made my full Elimator merc a healer simply because it has more success but do to gearing stats and set bonuses i made it a pyro/bodyguard hybrid and it works for me. I don't do as much damage or healing as a dedicated class, but for RWZ i have fun. and thats the name of the game.

I'm not sure for survivability but There is an OP on Jung Ma named Lursa who can stand toe to toe with my WH geared Assassin and its always a close fight. Fairly positive he/she is lethality but i've seen it done. You do have survivability, but its on a timed instance, when your time is up you have to withdraw or face defeat.

As for controlling your opponent, why is that a bad thing? I control my opponents AND the large fights on my assassin. It makes for great fun =)
If they don't wanna see the hood in me, be satisfied when you see the good in me