“No game of dejarik can be won without pawns...”
Round 1: General Grievous vs Darth Malgus
Welcome to the first edition to the ‘Kaggath vs Series’ in which I’ll be pitting the power bases of iconic Star Wars characters against each other.
For all those of you aren't aware, the Kaggath is an ancient rite of the Sith, ‘one part duel, one part large-scale dejarik-match’. The two combatants have full use of their power bases, be it armies, bases or ships in order to outwit and outmanoeuvre their opponent. The Kaggath is no simple lightsaber duel, although it can come down to one, and the arena can be anywhere, a planet, star system or the entire galaxy.
But before we begin, let’s set out some ground rules:
- The arena: the known galaxy.
- No outside help of any kind, the combatants cannot call upon assets that are not their own. In this case, this all excludes other prominent powers/allies of the era, e.g. Darth Serevin, Asajj Ventress.
- No surrender, fight to the death!
- No superweapons, e.g. the Malevolence, the Foundry.
- Technology level is universal: blaster fire, armoring, lightsaber power etc. is all the same regardless of period, all that matters is size and quantity.
- No outside involvement, other powers will not and cannot interrupt or affect the battle, for the purpose of argument, they are non-existent.
- Use your imagination: obviously these powers existed in a different time frame but let’s just pretend.
So, the combatants: both General Grievous and Darth Malgus where brilliant strategists and skilled combatants. Grievous is a master escapist and Malgus a persevering juggernaut.
Malgus has command over his splinter Sith Empire and Grievous had command of the Separatist Droid Armies. In many ways they are equally matched but who will win?
P.S If you have any suggestions for future threads, post below.
Let the Kaggath begin!
Victor: Darth Malgus