View Single Post

bright_ephemera
11.15.2012 , 09:58 PM | #3
---

- Nem'ro's throne room. Nem'ro the Hutt looks down at Aggerton and his boxes o' loot. -
Nem'ro: Red Blade. These are my assistants Toth'lazhen and Karrels. They will vaporize you if you misbehave.
Aggerton: Hello to you too?
Nem'ro: Hutt. Deal with it.
Aggerton: Right. So, how about I throw expensive things at you, and in exchange you don't murder me while I'm in town?
- Aggerton points to a hauling droid staggering under the weight of nine or ten bulging bags of credits. -
Nem'ro the Hutt: I like you. You can stay.

---

- Outside Nem'ro's throne room. -
Text overlay: Aggerton seeks a dupe to sway toward the Empire…
Karrels: So that's Nem'ro. I can help you out with any local questions.
Aggerton: Cool. How do you like your boss?
Karrels: He's all right. I prefer things a little more orderly than he does. Also, to be honest, I kinda prefer working for humans.
Aggerton: I see. Is that actually a target painted on your forehead?
Karrels: Hmm?
Aggerton: Nothing. I'm sure it's just the regular quest marker.
Karrels: THAT'S A SECRET.
Aggerton: So? Nobody's listening.
- frame: Karrels points at a Rattataki lounging in the corner. In her silver eyes there is only madness. -
Aggerton: You have got to be kidding me.
Karrels: Nope. Good luck with that one.

---

- A guest room in Nem'ro's palace. Aggerton secures the holo line and calls Keeper. -
Keeper: The surveillance equipment in the bags of lucre is working. Nicely done. Now, in case you're really as thick as I sometimes think you are, I'll point out that Karrels Javis is a good candidate for luring to our side.
Aggerton: I don't know what I would do without you.
- Keeper disapproves. -
Aggerton: Actually I do know, I would bumble through life without quests or interesting plot.
Keeper: THAT'S A SECRET.
Aggerton: What the hell? We're on a secure line.
Keeper: You realize you're in a spy story, right? Grow some paranoia or go home.

---

- The guest room on Hutta. Aggerton faces Keeper's holo image. -
Keeper: Now all we need to do is keep Karrels relevant while we're dragging him into our collective pocket. Oh, and by the way, we have a member of the Dark Council taking interest.
Aggerton: What.
Keeper: Darth Jadus is noted for being bat**** insane, and he's watching you. Good luck with that one. Keeper out.

---

- A hallway in Nem'ro's palace. The Zabrak Dheno Rey approaches Aggerton. -
Dheno: Hey, Blade! It's me, Dheno! You're looking like an easy mark for extortion.
Aggerton: Huh. I bet you say that to all the boys.
Dheno: Only the ones I can easily expose as a fraud, buddy.
Aggerton: I see. That line work for you often?
Dheno: When the mark is hip-deep in soon-to-be-hostile territory, lying through his teeth about who he is, and very, very anxious to stay under cover? Yeah, yeah it does.
Aggerton: You just described everyone on Hutta. But I'm the only one you're trying to rob.
Dheno: Credits and I'll go away.
Aggerton: Look. This is nothing personal, but I just got yelled at by my boss for failing to be sneaky-spy enough. So yadda yadda, you know too much, et cetera…
- frame: Aggerton quick-draws and shoots Dheno Rey. -
- frame: Aggerton, looking down at Dheno's body, holsters his blaster. -
Aggerton: Spy movies are kind of depressing, if you really think about it.

---
the Short Fic Weekly Challenge - 90+ authors to date. 2500+ stories. New prompts weekly!
Bright's Fanfic Threads
Ceterum autem censeo, Malavai esse delendam.