View Single Post

11.15.2012 , 06:37 PM | #95
This is just a game, so no street riots yet; but the principles are the same when dealing with corporations and the corporate world in general. They are nasty animals! I was very reluctant to try this game out. Despite the exciting SW theme, a large galaxy to explore and the story element.. i always have this image in my head, that behind all this glitter and sparkling promises of adventure and fun, lies a huge monster controlling everything. We can't see it, but when you think about it, you kind of lose passion for gaming. It's all business and a big money scheme.

Talented and passionate game designers put a lot of work into creating a good product; then you have the greedy corporate megalomaniacs - with no other talents than making money - siphoning credits from customers.

It's no doubt that customers are disposable to a certain degree. A Corporation is like an organism and it feeds on individuals, it's a cunning predator. Like the flowers that lures their prey all the way in, then suddenly the leaves shut. The problem is that nothing will change until people stand up and say: "We don't accept this".

As Admiral Ackbar would say: "It's a trap!"