View Single Post

Sowwy
11.14.2012 , 07:30 PM | #48
Quote:
And we don't use bags to buy gear anymore, but that didn't stop you from claiming pvp bags were better.
Defensive stats haven't changed at all since launch in the way they work in pvp, so I don't know why you brought it up. The removal of relic/adrenals (damage portion) highered TTK while the expertise fix lowered TTK. I feel those two changes balanced out, and TTK hasn't changed all that much between equal geared players.
You're very difficult to talk to. The change to TTK was sudden and unexpected. We were so surprised by the adjustment we gave the benefit of the doubt to BW, and wondered that perhaps things weren't being calculated correctly. Unfortunately, our hopes were dashed.

Quote:
You're the only one that wants an RNG bag system vs. a guaranteed system. Nobody else wants to go back to that ****** RNG bag system but you. When people put in effort to get a reward, but then aren't rewarded (due to RNG), it makes them not want to play.
I don't necessarily want the bag system, but I'd prefer it to what we have now. And it doesn't matter if its just me or 1000 other people.

Quote:
The gear grind is there to keep players hooked. Even GW2 only has standardized gear in their sPvP, but not in their world pvp. I don't mind having to grind out the gear for my main, but yes it's annoying having to regrind it on every subsequent alt, especially when SWTOR is designed for rolling alts.
Everyone understands this. Not everyone thinks it best.

Quote:
That's simply because of the lower gear gap. Back then the highest tier of pvp gear was BM which is 140 rating and no augments. Now we have 146 rating gear with full augments.
You're correct. I believe pvp would be more engaging, more rewarding and less intimidating to new players if the gap was reduced.