View Single Post

DarthOvertone
11.14.2012 , 05:17 PM | #44
Quote: Originally Posted by Sideblaze View Post
I know recruit gear sucks, But once i get Battlemaster will i finally be able to dish out the hurt? Or will i still get stomped, Just -less- stomped? I can handle getting focused, but when i have the range advantage, I'd like to think the sniper could handle 1v1 very easily.
I rolled my Sniper for a week in Full Recruit just for sh*tz and giggles after he hit 50. The rifle we get with the Recruit set is actually pretty decent. He was posting strong DPS numbers from the get go even in Full Recruit so DPS shouldn't be a problem. I even have a SS of a 400K game in Full Recruit that I snapped if you would like me to dig it up (and no, it wasn't a Voidstar).

Sniper survivability has always been at the bottom end of the totem pole. My Sniper has his WH Rifle and 6 pieces of BM now and still gets squashed if his defensive cooldowns aren't available. Unfortunately, he's meat for a good Tankasin or Ops/Scrapper no matter what, but those classes are hard counters by design.

Being undergeared, what I've tried to do with him is just use Range as an ally. Find a nook and cranny to assault from. Don't advertise (i.e. Balistic Shield) my Sniper's existence unless absolutely necessary. Try to keep a low profile. Snipers are more effective the less harrassment they receive so my toon tries to get along without drawing attention to himself.

Quote: Originally Posted by Technohic View Post
Engineering. Don't worry about killing people. Just use your Plasma probe and whatever else you can to prevent caps. Also get a little more defense.
My Sniper recently just hit 50. He's specced Engineering. I just love the dude and class. Can lockdown/defend a node/bunker and buy time like no other toon I have. While MM may have better DPS overall, my Sniper still melts dudes with little effort. One day I will give MM some run, but Engineering is just way too fun right now.
Conqueror Alphabolt - Garbage S1 & S2-Champion Van | The Bastion
Conqueror Alphazen - Shadow | Battlemaster Alphawood - Guardian | War Hero Alphanoob - PT
Jung Ma | Conqueror Alphabond - Sniper | Conqueror Alphamaul - Marauder | Battlemaster Alphafett - Mercenary
SWTOR 3.0: All Hail Maintenance Mode PvP!!