View Single Post

MidichIorian
11.14.2012 , 04:08 AM | #45
I lasted a good two minutes against a fairly good mara yesterday on my sage in 1280'ish expertise. Now someone might wonder why it lasted two minutes. It lasted that long because I was marked and the mara had a healer. I didn't want to leave the objective so I ran around in an attempt to interrupt or damage someone els on the node.

Anyhow, the point is that survivabiliy on sorc/sage is good IF, BIG IF, you spend 17 points on a hybrid. And that is the crappy part. Without those 17 points, points that could have gone into dps/heal abilties, we're silly squishy. I don't play other classes at 50 but does any other class have to sacrificethat many points just to be "ok"? I'm not talking about sacrificing points just to become OP. No, points just to get by.
I actually do more damage in my PvE spec and PvE set than I do in PvP spec/set but I also die much faster if someone catches me.

Hence, the survivability stuff we take in the tele/lightning tree, except for perhaps bubble stun, should have been core abilties.