View Single Post

nysis
11.13.2012 , 10:48 PM | #1
I bought the game upon release and really wanted it to be my new home after the underwhelming cataclysm expansion.

I enjoyed the leveling process, the companion relationships and the moral decisions made while questing.
I enjoyed being able to decide, for example, between sleeping with a sith or honoring a quirky jedi
I enjoyed the fresh designs of space sci-fi and the coolness of having my own ship
I enjoyed how the characters have strong personalities and how immersive the game can be

I did not enjoy how poorly this game ran on my pc compared to just about every other game I have
I did not enjoy 3-5 min load screens
I did not enjoy the stutter every time I dismounted
I did not enjoy the boring rotations of certain classes, and the copy paste skills classes share
I did not enjoy having to do the world quests over and over and over again just to get to the few mins of fun class quest lines.
End game looked boring and unoriginal
Lack of customization after creation. NO barbershop, no paid character transfers, no appearance change

Ive been away from this game for many months now. I've seen the dev team and leadership all change hands. Many who championed this game at launch are long gone.

Unlike them, I return to give this game one last shot. Mists of pandaria is a damn good game and if this game fails to impress me then i'll simply jump into free to play during wow down time. However you can prove to me that the game is worth my sub by fixing the perfomance issues and adding the following

-Less mob density. I cant explore the planet if every step theres 8x8 rows of mooks lying around

-Make the zone locations more memorable: there are so many codex entries detailing parts of the planet, however these areas have nothing going on in them. I'd love to be able to find cool things to in nar shaada for example. Maybe some twilek dancing, pazzak and other minigames. Give life to the planets.

More communication: if you can't release new content every month, then at least let us know whats going on every step of the way. Blizzard has my love because they come off as very sincere with their players. Bioware never says anything, leaving the faithful with nothing but blind hope

-The rest: Out of mop i love the tiller dailies ( logging on to freshly grown crops is a daily sense of accomplishment), I love all the small scale content from improved faction grinds to challenge mode dungeons to pet battles. Swtor from the start should have been designed with more in mind than the typical mmo experiance. We have done that for years, we want freshness ideas. Space combat is a start, and should be expanded upon. Find a way to make it multiplayer for starters

I wish you luck bioware ( and much love), but seriously this is it for me. Your own lead producers, devs and top employees have bailed on this game, what does that say to the players who invested in the product? Many of us are wondering if this will end up being warhammer online in space.