View Single Post

Jadescythe
11.13.2012 , 10:54 AM | #86
Quote: Originally Posted by Phasersablaze View Post
Sorry but that doesn't refute my post at all. He basically says that he is going to make it easier for bad players to reach maximum potential. AT NO POINT does he say that he is raising or lowering the max potential of a Merc.

Basically what happened was that heat management became automatic 8 heat every 6 seconds instead of tied into venting heats when you crit. You know how much this change affected me? ZERO, because I was already skilled at heat management.

What he is talking about has nothing to do with class balance. He just made the class easier to play for baddies.

Nice try, but your argument doesn't hold water.

P.S. You can cut the "I don't know why I waste my impeccable knowledge on you" crap. That's just snobbish
I believe your post was stating that class balance can only be based on the maximum potential of the class because it is impossible to determine the "average". Seeing as they can measure how players are playing their classes and see that a majority of people are not meeting that potential, they can then make changes to improve the class without increasing the overall capability of the class. I believe this is directly related to your argument.

As I said in my earlier post, you can argue whether or not their particular changes truly assisted players and it does not change my point that the way classes are balanced is contrary to your statement. Perhaps you were not affected by the change because you were more skilled and not performing at the low end of their expectations. Perhaps since this particular question was directed towards PVE, it was not a change that was meant to affect you in PVP.

Regardless, it is proof that class balance happens at multiple levels of gameplay, not simply the ideal player skill.
I have opinions and stuff