View Single Post

CommanderKeeva
11.12.2012 , 02:21 PM | #21
I feel the need to step up and defend the faction I love.

I would say that on our server (The Progenitor) Republic was generally the weaker faction in PvP as well (while not taking any credit away from the awesome PvP guilds we do have) primarily because of the number of people who are interested in PvP. In PvE it is actually quite balanced (both fleets show around 120-150 people consistently at peak times) but in my experience, more serious PvP players tend to gravitate towards the Empire.

We do have some Ilum PvP events now and again (idk how many servers can say that) but the primary problem with that was (just like back in January) that for every Rep player who showed up we got 2 or 3 Imperials.

Some time ago I took part in an Ilum PvP event as a Sniper and was astounded to see that our faction got 2 full ops groups and partial one (well over 50 people) while the Republic couldn't muster even a single full group of 24 players.
Of course, it was very easy to win, just like what I suffered back in January (then on the receiving end of the imbalance.)

So I would say that the reason we tend to lose more often is not because of lack of skills, not because of lack of effort and not because of lack of coordination but lack of numbers. The 300 Spartans, no matter how heroicly they fought at Thermopyla, got overwhelmed by the 10.000 Spartans in the end...

For the Republic!
BEING A GOOD SOLDIER COMES DOWN TO ONE THING, ONE SINGLE QUESTION:
WHAT ARE YOU PREPARED TO SACRIFICE?