View Single Post

Prabhunath
11.12.2012 , 05:22 AM | #977
Quote: Originally Posted by SerowTOR View Post
I am asking seriously. I'm not sure where else would be a good thread to ask.
I'm looking for a West Coast server where there is a good population of Oceanic timezone players, because I've tried connecting to the official APAC servers and they give me uncomfortable latency.

(I've played WOW with about 230ms, and LOTRO with about 290ms, so I'm very used to the "feeling" that a West Coast server's 250ish ms feels like. The APAC servers are on average 450-550ms for me, it completely throws my rhythm off. I'm playing from Singapore.)
He isn't lying, I was in the same boat (I play from Singapore as well), our latency is pretty crappy when we try to connect to the Asia Pacific servers. For my case, I have to use WTFast to bring the latency down from around 400ms to about 150ms (costs a bit of money tho...). Even then, there are frequent lag spikes...

I can get similar pings as well on the US west coast server, so it is pretty tempting for me to start playing there. The only thing stopping me, however, is that I have built up my characters on Master D, and wouldn't want to give up on my legacy perks/buffs.

I don't think F2P is going to boost the population by much on our server, but hey I've been wrong before, so here's to hoping.
+ Sorc running out of Force while fighting Marauders? Bioware says L2HYTF...wonderful +
A day may come, when our courage fails, when we forsake our class, and break all bonds from it; when we fall to our knees and cower in fear, and we look up to you and see death as inevitable. But today is not that day. Today, we fight!