View Single Post

PalihoJ
11.12.2012 , 03:39 AM | #21
Quote: Originally Posted by Titanstroke View Post
There are several ways to address, the best would be to have various levels of WZ, which I wish they would do for under 50 based on level since a new level 10 is owned by anyone who is lvl 30 or above since they have the abilities which the lvl 10 hasnt unlocked yet. Again make it three tiered, first tier is mostly Recruit gear, second tier is mostly Battlemaster gear, third tier are the folks like me on my sage where I am rolling War Hero with the augment slots filled. Then you get competitive games and that is what I enjoy instead of steamrolling or being steamrolled.

The other issue is make the arenas for the pre-mades and make them worth it to them. I am hoping that it is a result of the Arena system being broken that is pushing the premades over to the pug WZ not just a wanting to face roll through. I know I could be wrong but if it is the latter then the game has already failed and we are all in trouble when it is only geared groups going at it in the WZs since they are going to cry a river when they cant faceroll.
I agree a little with some of what you are saying but totally disagree with the bit I have quoted above, as soon as you start splitting out people into different tiers the queue time will shoot through the roof so less people will queue and you are into a vicious circle.
Level 10 to 49 is fine...yes when you are lower levels you do feel a bit less capable because of the limited number of abilities but you should still be able to contribute to the team, everyone has been there many times and will be again. To put it in perspective try comparing low level PvP in this game to low level PvP in another very well known MMO where, until you get resi at lvl70, quite often you are dead before you even know you are in combat due to fully loomed stealthers.
As for splitting out level 50s by gear levels....currently you can go from new lvl50 to full BM in 7 or 8 days. How long will that take you if you have to wait much longer for WZs to pop due to you only queuing with other recruits, and you will still have the problem of premades.
Gear does make a difference there is no denying that, between two similarly skilled players it will give you the edge, however I think the impact of gear is very often overstated....WH gear does not turn a bad player good and recruit gear does not make a good player bad.