View Single Post

Drudenfusz
11.12.2012 , 01:03 AM | #1
I have nothing against a well designed F2P option, but sadly I think that what BioWare does isn't helping... no, I think it might even hurt the PvP in the game.

F2P members can play only 5 warzones a week for free, that means that some of those players will likely hit 50 without getting the free recruit gear (which if I am not wrong is tied to a certain valour rang). So, we might see more people without recruit gear in evel 50 warzones, and I doubt many of those players will have to credits to buy the recruit gear (credit cap and other things to buy at 50) or even think it is worth buying the gear for just 5 warzones a week.

Then we have the issue of the quickslot bars, I think we will see new and returning players alike who don't want to pay for UI elements (it was said by so many people how bad an idea they think this is, that I am surprissed why BioWare didn't dropped that crap). So, we will see players who cannot really compete or just be an annoyance since they don't have space on their quickbars for throwing the huttball.

Finally, as a subscriber I have to deal then more often with people in my team that I don't want to be there (players without PvP gear or who are just terrible, but this time not because they are bad players, but because they have to pay to compete). So, instead of getting a better game experience for me as a subscriber it will probably become just worse. While most other games that get a F2P option make it more fun for the subscribers, because they get new players to play with or against, BioWare is just giving us the negative aspects but none of the advantages a F2P option can has on PvP.

Did I miss something? What are your thoughts?
My Old Republic Warring is Magic
Gwenya - The Drudenfusz Legacy, Jedi Shadow on Jar'Kai Sword
When you play the game of PvP, you win or you die.
English version <- SWTOR Wiki -> German version