View Single Post

Noraakci
12.20.2011 , 06:35 AM | #26
Achievements are for when the game gets boring and you need something to occupy your time with to keep you playing. Case in point WoW. I loved the achievement system because I'm a collector and I feel the need to do everything there is do with a video game. During the WotLK release I managed a server first and I said ha and moved on with my life. Bioware doesn't have server firsts because 1) the don't have a gimmicky achievement system (the closest thing they have is the codex which I love) 2) Every one starts at a different time and if people played the beta they will have a lot more knowledge of the game mechanics than others from the start 3) it's wasted coding, I can think of a lot of things I'd rather see before I saw this 4) Most importantly, Bioware does not want its players to rush through content that they spent lots of time and effort into just so some kid can brag about being the first to do something. This is not WoW and if raiding guilds can't handle that then raiding guilds can go back to WoW. I care about story and lore, not how much of a life I don't have. So if you want to gloat at being the first to punch some keys then go back to playing Kung-Fu Panda *coughs* I mean WoW, I'm sure they can use all the subscribers they can get right now.