View Single Post

Cheezfriend
11.11.2012 , 07:27 PM | #968
Quote: Originally Posted by Evgen View Post
Yes. That's only $2100 worth of subscriptions, if everyone is paying monthly, less if they have longer term subscriptions. I can assure you it cost more to run a server than that. It's likely a cluster of servers, the server cost itself broken down over 3 years with premium support is possibly more than that. Not to mention the high speed internet connection and network equipment, power usage.
I know there are more people subbing than online at any one time, I'm just saying, those numbers aren't that impressive.

And about whether or not so encourage people to play on APAC, I couldn't encourage them without warning them that they may get shafted by playing there. I couldn't try to trick people into playing there for my benefit. I don't believe APAC players get the service level we deserve as paying customers, how could I recommend that?
I would have trouble recommending this game at all actually. Not because I don't like it, but because with this management I can't see it lasting long, possibly intentional.
Great post mate!!! Had to reply to this!

The only thing I dont agree on is the last sentence... but then again stranger things have happened.

You really got me thinking now about the cost benefit of keeping all three APAC servers open, surely from a business point of view 1 server makes a lot more sense... but then again I have no experience in this area so I wouldnt have a clue but the above poster makes alot of sense to someone like me.

I also 100% agree in the following...

Quote: Originally Posted by Evgen View Post
And about whether or not so encourage people to play on APAC, I couldn't encourage them without warning them that they may get shafted by playing there. I couldn't try to trick people into playing there for my benefit. I don't believe APAC players get the service level we deserve as paying customers, how could I recommend that?
Now a lot of people have actually sent me private messages or whispered me in game about my negativity about our servers... I'm sorry but I only want the best outcome for all us APAC people and having three servers open with minimal population just doesnt cut it sorry... Now I know a lot of you will disagree with me here but look at it this way...

On well populated servers you get instant WZ pops, ranked are always running. You que for a FP for 5-30 minutes max as DPS, instantly for tank and heals. There is world PVP even on POPULATED PVE servers (i have got into quite a few scuffles on a US PVE server as a level 30)and this usually does not need to be organised through forum posts etc, with the exception of world pvp events. People are always pugging Operations too!***edit forgot to mention they also have thriving GTNs!***

We may get the above with ONE UNITED APAC server however even with F2P, i just cant ever seeing the above in green happening on the APAC servers in their current state, sorry to say this but i'm just saying how it is.