View Single Post

Nemmar
11.11.2012 , 08:25 AM | #307
Quote: Originally Posted by hunterthesloth View Post
SWTOR is a vertical scaling game. As long as Bioware keeps this format I think you will have a hard time making good end game content. I'm wondering if there will ever be a degree of end game sandbox styled content added to the game?
Really?! How has that been working for GW2? Horizontal progression is not what players want. Well, not the majority at any rate. It doesnt get anyone to pay a monthly fee, of that you can be sure.

With that said, it doesnt mean that end-game cant enjoy from some more streamlining (theres too many badge types and rakata/columi mods work differently from campaign ones. And there also exotech and black hole.). Its too messy.
Also, TFB needs to be on the group finder and we should have more flashpoints/raids. It was good at launch, but one year later we got 2 more raids of 4 bosses and 5 bosses (9 total) and 2 flashpoints. While not horrible, i cant shake the feeling that this is very slow compared to other MMO's. Even WoW Usually has a 6-8 boss + heroics once in a while every 6-ish months.

I'm hoping the upcoming 6 weeks patches are not pieces of a bigger patch chopped in little pieces, but actual increase in the pace of content development. I also feel that having a team to work on space missions is a waste of time given its a mini-game. That team should also be creating flashpoints/raids.

Quote: Originally Posted by MOPSFounder View Post
I didn't become good at being an MMO analyst until doing more research on MMOs and how this game has been doing. And oh boy, EAWare has kept this game in maintenance mode for way too long.
For me whats baffling is that the issue with lost GCD's is still in the game. That and the fact they are releasing F2P without releasing Makeb. That would bring players back. I aslo dont like that they are selling pieces of the game in the cartel shop, like Section-X. I am afraid that that will kill the game. Its not free if you have to pay for every content patch. So either make people pay for content patches and remove restrictions or keep restrictions and dont make people pay for patches. This greed will no doubt make F2P fail. ITs way too visible that EA is taking over, and that is a very bad thing. EA is trying to kill the game.