View Single Post

Titanstroke
11.10.2012 , 04:43 PM | #5
Once you are marked as heals especially now, you are targetted so relentlessly that basically it is a stun fest, and that part is broken badly. That plus the geared people are getting into groups of 4 telling the other group of 4 to hit the button and we will get a group of 8 more than 80% of the time against pugs which really means very few kills so even healing folks I dont get medals and the dps and toons who guard me do. So if they are not getting kills but are getting a ton more medals then something is really screwed up badly.

My sage is mostly War Hero and I got paired with a group of 4 who missd their other 4 for a War Zone. I sat and played and we destroyed the pug group, I had 427k dps and 159k heals (part of my spec heals me when I drop HOTs or my aoe damage down) and after a while I got to feeling bad for the other group they are dying and the heals had 2 medals at the end of it and that healer was flat destroyed over and over again, stunned interrupted and trying to keep people up. I know they had two medals because I had them targetted once again at the end.

As far as playing with better toons, that is really elitist and not very doable when you are in mostly recruit/battlemaster mix the premades dont want you. When you get like my Sage the second after the first match if you are in there with a pre-made they invite you fast. So right now due to Bioware programming it really sucks for folks trying to get gear, the geared people bail out if they see more than one in the group and you wind up with pugs will all low gear people, there isnt a time penalty for bailing on a pvp match so they do it to find one that they can win easily.

And I will state it as a fact yes Gear is a decider, I can destroy a healer before they get out of all of their Recruit gear it takes two of us to take one down when they have the better gear and I can take down other classes one on one without a issue. Gear in this game is primary and if you dont have it you can be the best player in the game and you are going to be frustrated because even mediocre players are going to own you until you get it. They have made it more difficult for healers to gear up in PvP than any other class with the way they hand out the medals. I normally dont have the time to throw a huge heal in a WZ, you need to move fast from player to player and try to keep them all up.
And From The Wreckage I Will Arise & Cast The Ashes Back In Their Eyes