View Single Post

Prettyevilish
11.09.2012 , 11:43 PM | #26
Quote: Originally Posted by LuciferinDNA View Post
True, gunsliger lacking in self heal. I suggest go and make a thread about it if its frustrating you and you think that it disturbs the lore of SW till you play the class.

You mentioning Scoundrel,
So I have a lvl 50 scoundrel I like it so much, from the reason that he can use a bunch of skills and can handle almost all situation:
Can heal self like no other class, can snake and even HIPS! Most mobil class. Greatest and strongest aoe skill, can involve in close combat fight till if he lacking in resistance a bit, he can use free insta heal after every even whip attack. He has aoe stun and its the longest stun in game. He has ranged dps, melee dps and heal tree (very playful what is a good point in an mmo, )) And if it needed he goes to cover and has incredible great long range ability bar (a new skill bar!!! I like this one the most , )) He can use two 30m range grenade and both aoe and in very short cool-down . Ah and did I mentioned, that all of his long range, short range, aoe, heal... and all super wide ability bar is supported by his main atribute? : )
Only one assumption... could it be, that this are the reasons way they don't qq'ing?
By the way, do you see any one QQ'ing here? I made a suggestion, a suggestion what is strange that almost no one mentioning (ok in game chat I saw a lot of jokes, that Sage/Sorc has no light saber, they have a walking stick , ))
And don't misunderstood me its not a qq for better dmg, I have good dmg with my Sage (of course everything could be better , )) I just ask for a change, what all classes has and I can go further, this change won't be game breaking, but if it stays like that its simply SW lore breaking.
I think there is a... language barrier making this 'discussion' more difficult to have, because you keep misunderstanding what others are saying. I did not suggest gunslinger lacking a self-heat was a nuisance or needed thing, I stated that to point out a flaw in your argument that everyone has a self-heal in one way or another and thus the sage having one is just par for the course.

And yes, you are QQing as you continue to whine about not being able to use melee abilities - which would overpower the class - when it's clearly pointed out why you CANNOT have what you are asking for without seriously, and completely, rebalancing the entire class - not to mention angering people who chose sage so that they could be a ranged DPS rather than a melee one. Whether your INTENTION is to get additional damage or not, what you are suggesting WOULD result in that end.

Comparing the sage DPS tree to ALL of the scoundrel trees and skills is NOT an even comparison. The scoundrels who roll melee are almost completely melee (unless they are a hybrid or respec, which is a whole nother ballgame). Other melee classes also have a few ranged attacks (just as the sage already has melee attacks) so your argument yet again falls completely flat.

Simplest answer is STILL, roll an assassin/shadow if you want to use your lightsaber as a consular/inquisitor, because you are NOT going to get a melee buff on the sage/sorc for a myriad of reasons. Your suggestion to just have it be viable 'for fun' only results in a higher damage output from sages (because those 'for fun' attacks can still be used in 'for serious' ways). Again, whether that's your intention or not, it is what it would result in without completely redoing the class from the ground up for balance issues.

By the way, I PLAY a sage and my questing partner and I regularly joke that her lightsaber is actually a flashlight that she just uses to blind people. We also celebrate when I get a chance to actually hit something with it. We are well aware that the sage carrying a lightsaber is for show; neither of us has a problem with that and if we did, I'd re-roll as a shadow.