View Single Post

Aurbere
11.09.2012 , 12:01 PM | #44
Quote: Originally Posted by Beniboybling View Post
Mmmm, very true.

And I agree with you Aurbere, the Council weren't twiddling their thumbs at first. They analysed the threat and realised what Revan did not, that there was a greater power, possibly the Sith, behind it. But they ultimately became apathetic dodo heads () when they chose to do nothing - i think this is the point KOTOR 2 is trying to stress. For instead the war became a bitter irony, for the choice the made led to that which they had tried to prevent. But I concede, full scale war wasn't the answer, and Jedi don't grow on trees, taking an advisory role (perhaps putting a few Jedi on the ground) was an answer. However, I don't think Revan would have fell anyway like many people here seem to believe. Revan was a Jedi, not a Sith at heart. (the fact that after suffering amnesia he became a Jedi is evidence of this). He only became Sith because outside sources corrupted him, not himself e.g. the Emperor, Malachor V (held Sith teachings), the Mandalorian Wars and the Star Forge. And he waged war against the Republic partly because he had been brainwashed by the Emperor and partly because he felt the Republic needed to be reformed, become stronger to face the True Sith. So his fall could have been prevented. In a way he was a bit like Anakin, but remember in the end Anakin turned back to the light, and really was inherently a Jedi (as a Sith he was broken etc). So in a nutshell the Jedi Civil War could easily have been prevented, (very easily, just prevent him finding Malachor and meeting the Emperor), after all, he loved the Republic, didn't he?

But enough arguing, I think we can all agree that the Jedi Council were partly wrong, and I different course of action should have been taken.
Revan's actions during the war led to his fall to the Dark Side.

Now as to what I would do in this situation if I were the Jedi Grand Master.

I would work in conjunction with Republic heads of the military to analyze the attack plan of the Mandalorian. Using the information that we gathered through meditation and the attack plan of the Mandalorians, I would create a blockade to protect the systems that the Mandalorians are attacking most ferociously. I would then put small groups of Jedi on these planets and two Jedi per military fleet, but only as advisors and fleet commanders. They would also command the ground forces from the safety of the fleet*.

Once the blockade is set, I would then move the Republic fleets to systematically take system after system, slowly but carefully. Eventually, the Mandalorians would be routed and defeated.

This approach would allow the Jedi to fulfill their role as peace-keepers, while protecting their numbers from death and the Dark Side. For the war with the Sith Empire would be won in the Force, not with weapons and starships.

But we do agree that the Jedi could have acted differently.

* Safety as in safety from the Dark Side and the trappings of war
Added Chapter 66 to The Shadows Fall
"Your only hope to survive is to give in to the rage boiling within you, to acknowledge the Dark Side you deny, and tap into it!"--Darth Tyranus