View Single Post

Beniboybling
11.09.2012 , 11:48 AM | #43
Quote: Originally Posted by Rayla_Felana View Post
The Emperor's plan would've worked regardless, that's all that really mattered.
Mmmm, very true.

And I agree with you Aurbere, the Council weren't twiddling their thumbs at first. They analysed the threat and realised what Revan did not, that there was a greater power, possibly the Sith, behind it. But they ultimately became apathetic dodo heads () when they chose to do nothing - i think this is the point KOTOR 2 is trying to stress. For instead the war became a bitter irony, for the choice the made led to that which they had tried to prevent. But I concede, full scale war wasn't the answer, and Jedi don't grow on trees, taking an advisory role (perhaps putting a few Jedi on the ground) was an answer. However, I don't think Revan would have fell anyway like many people here seem to believe. Revan was a Jedi, not a Sith at heart. (the fact that after suffering amnesia he became a Jedi is evidence of this). He only became Sith because outside sources corrupted him, not himself e.g. the Emperor, Malachor V (held Sith teachings), the Mandalorian Wars and the Star Forge. And he waged war against the Republic partly because he had been brainwashed by the Emperor and partly because he felt the Republic needed to be reformed, become stronger to face the True Sith. So his fall could have been prevented. In a way he was a bit like Anakin, but remember in the end Anakin turned back to the light, and really was inherently a Jedi (as a Sith he was broken etc). So in a nutshell the Jedi Civil War could easily have been prevented, (very easily, just prevent him finding Malachor and meeting the Emperor), after all, he loved the Republic, didn't he?

But enough arguing, I think we can all agree that the Jedi Council were partly wrong, and I different course of action should have been taken.

But before I end this, I must address a personal affront to my favourite Star Wars character. (yes you, OldVengeance, how dare you call her prophecies nonsense )

Quote:
Kreia's theory about Revan never falling and taking on the Mantle of the Dark Lord as a sacrifice is nonsense. The Jedi Order didn't need to to turn to the darkside to defeat the Sith Emperor or the Mandalorians.
Firstly, this wasn't Kreia's point. Her point was that Revan turned to the dark side and waged war against the Republic to make them strong enough to face the Sith. Not that the Council should turn to the dark side in order to defeat the Emperor and the Mandalorians. Basically she realised Revan saw the Republic as weak, not because their were Jedi, but because they were apathetic and overcautious, the True Sith would have made short work of them. She is not advocating Revan's actions. She is merely stating that his reasons for attacking the Republic were not for personal conquest and power, but to defend the galaxy against a greater threat that the current Republic could not hope to defeat. Hence he made a sacrifice, he sacrificed his loyalty to the Republic (remember Revan was fanatically loyal to the Republic).

However Kreia is partly wrong, but only because she did not know the full story, she did not know that the Emperor turned him to the dark side and sent him to fight the Republic, and that then he broke free of his control and continued his campaign. But that doesn't matter, the principle of her statement remains true. Because Revan remained 'Sith', he didn't stick to them because he had become hungry for power, but because he wanted to destroy the True Sith. He held on to the mantle of Dark Lord of the Sith because only through command of the Sith forces he had accumulated could he reforge the Republic and fight the True Sith, so he did make a sacrifice. He fell when he faced the Emperor, but he was 'redeemed' when he broke free of his control. After that he didn't 'fall', he stopped being Sith and instead became something else, an emotionless weapon needed to reforge the Republic.

Perhaps I'm making assumptions, perhaps this isn't the truth. But Kreia's opinion can make perfect sense and their is a lot of evidence for it. Its as just as plausible as what you believe.

/end rant