I just want to put it out there, that unless there's a unified view on what steps should be taken to rectify the problem, we're not going to have a good outcome.
Given the infighting seen of late as to the various options, I'd like to suggest we take the decision away from the community and accept a forced server merger, with options to transfer after the fact.
It's pretty clear that if free or paid transfers were offered we'd be in a similar position due to the differences in opinion around ping times, PvP/PvE/RP server types, hell even what server to migrate to. The only path forward I can see that will work for the community as a whole is to force the merger upon us, then if you don't like it, transfer off to a US/EU server at your discretion.
Really that's what should've happen 2 months ago.