View Single Post

Rayla_Felana
11.09.2012 , 07:09 AM | #3030
Quote: Originally Posted by ImperialSun View Post
Would you not be better off seeking clarification that SGRs are even DEFINITELY being added to the game first and foremost? As of right now there has been no official clarification that SGRs are still even planned, much less devloped and ready for release.

The two or three anecdotal comments you have from previous employees, made at a time before the entire landscape of the game shifted and its development focus/direction with it...do not constitute confirmation of anything.

That, coupled with the fact that BW will not even talk about SGR plus the deleted tweets and totolly ignoring any questions in QA sessions does not lead me to believe that they are even likely to happen at all any more.

I am not opposed to SGRs at all (I am opposed to the very unique take that some of the pro SGR crowd have on personal freedom and tolerance within the community but thats another story). All I am doing is looking at the facts, looking at the stone wall of silence from BW and the repeated manner in which they refuse to even acknowledge any of their previous statements....it does not look good for the inclusion of SGRs anytime within the next 6-12 months imo...if at all.

The longer it goes on it seems the previous statements were just made the placate that section of the cimmunity whilst they figured out what they were going to do about it....since the direction and entire landscape of the game has changed I genuinely believe the conduct of BW regards this matter is an indication that SGRs are further down the priority list now, than they ever were....

You all seem to keep saying that the code is done, the design and content is done and it should be released with Makeb...all I am asking is for one official source of confirmation for ANY of that....you dont have one.

It seems much more likely to me that NONE of the work required to implement SGRs has even been scoped at this point.

Driz
How about actually doing some research? We have Stephen Reid's comment about SGRAs being a post-launch feature, we have Daniel Erickson's statement from the Guild Summit that SGRA content will be in, like Story content, this year, then we have Gabe Amantangelo's statement that he believes it will be with Makeb which tells us that he has seen SGRA content close to completion, especially given that he believes it is now only a scheduling issue, then we have Hall Hood's tweet that seemingly confirmed Gabe's statement, but it was later removed and I imagine because they both got shot in the foot about it they haven't said anything since Story, not just romance content, is a tightly kept secret for some reason, besides the statement that story content will be more like the Avengers movies going forward, what they mean by that, we don't know.

So how about instead of sitting around and asking for it, you actually FIND it yourself.