View Single Post

Beniboybling
11.08.2012 , 04:13 PM | #126
Quote: Originally Posted by Captain_Zone View Post
I could live with the NJO and everything after being voided. No problem here. The only problem would still be a revenue crunch, but a much smaller revenue crunch that Disney would probably be willing to eat.

As far as the slippery slope, DC actually managed to drag themselves back from literally thousands of universes before Crisis on Infinite Earths. Then they had just one universe for quite a few years, which had its continuity rebooted a couple times. Now they have "The 52", each with its own continuity and cast of characters. They've made great strides in keeping everything manageable. Star Wars has always been leery of going down that road, and they've managed to keep the "two universes" they already have overlapping as much as possible. I would never suggest infinite realities like in comics or Star Trek. But one branching universe wouldn't kill the franchise. Remember that Leland Chee is a master of keeping everything packaged fairly neatly.
I see it is 1 universe really. It all fits in fine. And thats what it should be. The opening reel is 'a long time ago in a galaxy far far away...' it shouldn't be 'a long time ago in galaxy 28 far far away... (all footage in this film is non-canon). But hey, whatever. The main thing is, the loss of revenue from cutting NJO can become profit by replacing it with new and better material.